While WordPress started as a blogging tool, it has evolved throughout the years into a powerful website builder and a robust content management system.
One of the most widespread misunderstandings about WordPress is that it is limited to being simply a blogging platform.
In reality, it is much more than that. It started as an online, open-source website development tool written in PHP, a tool that through the course of the years, evolved into probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website CMS available on the market today.
Some of the best things about it is that it’s very straightforward to use and adaptable enough to build different styles of websites. Thus, why WordPress has reached completely new heights in popularity and a vast 32.3% market share when it comes to websites on the internet.
Now, the questions being raised is why people choose it and what they need to know about it? Here are some of the most important characteristics:
- Cost Savings – it cuts the need for hiring the dev pro for small changes and adjustments
- Design Consistency – WordPress comes with themed approach to design and layout. You have the freedom to choose whether you will buy a pre-designed one or hire pros to create one for you. In any case, your brand will stay aligned with your message.
- Accessibility from Everywhere – Wherever you are, you only need a computer and online access to make changes.
- Instant Communication – Everything will remain current and up-to-date because it cuts the need to communicate every little change to your designer and wait for him to implement it. You have the access to the back-end and you control the environment being see by users.
- Great Time Management – Adding content at its best. It also comes equipped with advance content scheduling features that give you the advance to plan your activities with months in advance.
- Flexibility – simply plug and play with a click of a button.
- WordPress webshop price – local designers very widely in their WordPress webshop price, so it is a good idea to get multiple quotes to better suit your needs.
WordPress is completely free and this is extremely beneficial for new-starters. There is no need to worry about additional fees if your site gets more popular and attracts higher traffic than expected. WordPress continue being free for you to use. Since it is open source, developers are continuously making improvements. Millions of themes and plugins, both free and paid are readily available online for users to express their creativity in bringing their digital products or service to life.